When you join our family at Emeritus at Harrisburg, you join a group that believes in integrity, responsiveness, and forthright communication. We work together to make a real difference in the lives of our residents. If you share our family values and dedication, we'd love to meet you. Responsibilities:
As a Medication Technician, you'll help to maintain the excellent service standards that have made us a leader in the senior living industry. Working under the supervision of our Resident Care Director, you'll assist in maintaining a positive physical and social environment for the residents. This will include responsibility for the storage, distribution, and discontinuation of our residents' medication; keeping proper care records, reporting any changes in resident’s conditions and interacting with internal and external customers in a professional manner while ensuring resident safety and satisfaction is a priority. If you have a passion for helping others, join us as we strive to provide a positive physical and social environment for our residents. Qualifications:
Position requirements include:
• Successfully complete training as required by Emeritus in accordance with state regulations.
• Ability to read, write and speak English.
• Must have the ability to remain calm under stressful conditions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public.
• Compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
• Must meet all health requirements, including TB, and pass background checks.
Eligibility Requirements for New York applicants only:
- Licensed/Certified Home Health Aide (HHA)
- Successful completion of 75 hours of the Home Health Aide Training Program (HHATP)
- Competent in areas such as health related tasks; performing simple measurements and tests; complex modified diets; assisting with a prescribed exercise program; assisting with the use of prescribed medical equipment, supplies and devices; assisting with special skin care; assisting with dressing change; and assisting with ostomy care
To learn more about how you can make a difference and to search for opportunities in your area, click below to visit us online. We would love to hear from you.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Family is Committed to Yours.